Well, I am attempting a link up for today! It is from Running With Spoons. (Took me a few times to read the ‘fine print’ as in I need to add a link to her site. This is where I laugh at myself as I was thinking I was needing a link of the icon back to my site…. too early this morning hahaha!
I know there are more thoughts than this, but it’s all I could think of to write right now!
1) I feel slightly guilty today. I opted to take a personal day instead of stay home. I was on call to go into work, and with the dude I work with, he will let you know about 45 milliseconds before we open for work to let you know he cannot make it. Therefore, I had planned a little personal time to myself. I still brought in the nanny to look after the kiddo and here I sit at 8:05 at Second Cup enjoying some alone time.
I also booked a hair appointment and lots of errands to do. Like I said, I feel guilty, but I need this!
2) A grocery store near where I work has been doing some major renovations over the last 6 months. It smells. Like very badly. Not in the way that “all their food is rotten” but just something doesn’t sit right. There are no notices of such stench, so everytime I shop there and check out I wonder if I am the only one who can smell it.
3) I have been getting into the show Weeds lately. The writers put a lot of funny one liners in there. One that I can’t stop laughing at: “How many old guys have blond hair anyways.” I started to think about, you don’t really see like over 40 men with blond hair; it’s either graying or darkening, if that makes any sense. We don’t have cable and so we have gone through the seasons very very fast. We are now on the final season, not the best (as in funny) season but I am curious to see how it turns out.
4) How, or why, people can’t give you ample notice when they know things are not going their way. I mentioned it in this post (or alluded to in #1 here), maybe I am a little anal to detail but I would have known days before if I couldn’t make it into the office as a nicety to the other person. I understand sometimes you just will not know (accidents do happen right?) and are out of your control, but this one definitely was under ‘control’ and I still got shafted. I know it is a power struggle, but this mama has no respect for that kind of behavior.
5) I like how my to do lists look nowadays:
The kiddo loves to play with pen. We have, knock on wood, been lucky he has only written on paper so far.
Well I guess I should get to my actual “to-do” list today!!!