I decided I wanted to take it easy today on the mental front in regards to content. I have seen the following survey on quite a few blogs and thought I should try and answer it for myself!
Hope you enjoy learning a little bit more about me!
1. Were you named after anyone? Well not really. My middle name was after the singer Natalie Cole, but Jade? Apparently my mother ‘stole’ it from my aunt who had it as a choice to name my cousin that — my cousin is a year older than me and really I don’t think it is a true story as it never came from my mom, just came from my cousin.
2. When was the last time you cried? The last full blown cry was probably a week and half ago where the kiddo was having a horrible temper tantrum, would not let me get him out of his pjs, so he ran and fell, cut his lip open, screamed bloody murder and then of course woke up Daddy and Daddy yelled at me for allowing him to get hurt, even though it was a complete accident – sometimes people are not on their best behavior when they get woken up in the morning before they want to be.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I would have what I called schizophrenic handwriting. When I’m relaxed, my writing is very neat, legible, nice looking, but if I get tired or have to write too much too fast, oh boy…
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Have to be turkey.
5. Do you have kids? Just the one so far.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Yes. I hope everyone says yes to this question!
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? I try to minimize it as in my job there is no place for it, and at home sarcasm can sound a little too much passive aggressive which doesn’t have a place at home.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Oh yes. I was a very healthy kid growing up. I only had one sick day that I had to go home from school in Grade 3 as I had thrown up twice at school. Mother always said I had to do that at school in order to come home.
9. Would you bungee jump? Maybe. It’s not something that I have on a bucket list or anything. Several years ago, I actually did a tandem skydive on a bit of a whim so really skies the limits [little pun there].
10. What is your favorite cereal? I’m not a big cereal eater. It has never filled me up so I choose to eat other things. When I was younger, I would love things that would have marshmallows in them — I love love love marshmallows. During summer camping times, I could eat my body weight in marshmallows..
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes, an absolute yes. I do that in order for the next time to be able to put my feet into the shoes with out ruining the sides of the shoes (not sure if that is true logic there) But it bugs me if I forget to untie them!
12. Do you think you are strong? Emotionally no. Physically, not really, I used to be much stronger but with pregnancy and then not getting back to lifting except unilaterally on the left side, I know I have lost my capacity.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Cookies and Cream. Just those bits of Oreo in the ice cream is just divine.
14. What is the first thing you notice about other people? Probably their overall demeanor – like if they are happy themselves, in a bad mood. I see a lot of people during the day and I always start it off by greeting and how they respond I can tell pretty closely what kind of personality they are and how I should entail the rest of their visit to my establishment.
15. Red or pink? Red.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I don’t like how I’m so sensitive. I internalize too much stuff, things that people say or do keep with me for a while, and sometimes I do lose sleep because of it as I don’t want to be seen as a mean person.
17. Any tattoos? Yes, but I probably wouldn’t have gotten it (just the one) if I had waited like I was going to when I was younger. I got it when I was 19. I was supposed to get it as a celebration for losing __ weight, I got it at the start of the summer instead of at the goal date. A lot of times I forget I have it, so part of me believes I probably shouldn’t have gotten it.
18. Do you have any hobbies? Sadly, not really right now. I guess blogging?
19. What color shoes are you wearing? Black flats. They are my at work pair. Hubby hates them as they don’t do anything, but I get up and walk so much during my day that I like things comfortable. I can’t even remember the last time I wore heels.
20. What was the last thing you ate? At lunch I had a chicken salad croissant. Yep, I did.
21. What are you listening to right now? If you are meaning right exactly now? That would be the paper shredder. There is a radio playing in the background but I can never hear it.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I know crayons these days have the most interesting names. Like there is one called Macaroni and Cheese! I would Everlush Green.
23. Favorite smells? Fresh air – like when you are on a mountain and you can smell the crispness of the snow – sort of like the first few days of frost too.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My dad today right before lunch. I needed his advice on business.
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? I like both, I enjoy mountain sports and the solitude that being on the mountain brings, but I also like going to the family cabin in summer to relax on the beach. I cannot pick a side here.
26. Favorite sport to watch? Watching sports for me is really the hardest thing to do. I’m a little like “I’d rather do something else even watch paint dry than watch sports” kind of person. The hubby likes to watch gold and I swear to you not, before the kiddo showed up that would put me immediately to sleep.
27. Hair color? I’m a brunette naturally, but I like having (and do have) blond highlights in my hair.
28. Eye colors? Hazel.
29. Do you wear contacts? Yes, when the incident requires it. Winter running? By golly yes. On the weekend I was out of them so I went running outside with my glasses which immediately fogged up and I had to run without. Not that big of a deal since I can blur interpret pretty good, but when you have my kind of prescription and there could be ice on the ground, contacts are safer.
30. Scary movies or happy endings? I refuse to watch scary movies. The last one I watched was Paranormal 2? Didn’t even see 1, but I still get like haunting thoughts from that movie. Any other genre please..
31. Last movie you watched? I did watch a movie this weekend (no cable means we watch a lot of dvds) and for the life of me I can’t remember what we watched. I don’t even know if I watched it all or went to bed. Now that is a great answer!
32. What color shirt are you wearing? Black. I’m wearing a lot of black today, didn’t even realize until I wrote this up!
33. Summer or winter? In the land of snow, I appreciate the summer, but i don’t mind the winter. I like summer since you can go outside and since the kiddo loves outside it would be so much easier to please him — plus we can stroller run after work as we have 75% more day light hours at that time too, instead now I have to go to the basement and run on my treadmill or go to a inside track as my treadmill still has the plastic wrap on it from the basement drywalling as we are now painting downstairs.
34. Hugs or kisses? Hugs, but really, as the person I ‘copied and pasted this from’ it does depend on who is giving them.
35. Computer or television? Computer.
36. What book are you reading right now? The Engagements. It’s a pretty decent book so far that has about 5 different stories spanning about 50 years surrounding the topic of engagement/weddings/life stories like that. I read before I go to bed and I read until I feel my eyes are going to close – last few days hasn’t even been a chapter before I must close the book – so I am partly confused on all the story lines, which character goes to which year, but that is partly my fault due to how little chunks I can read at a time.
37. What’s on your mouse pad? I do not have one. I use a lap top at work and hate having a mouse with a lap top.
38. What color is your house? Green.
39. What color is your car? Metallic Brown. Quite fancy actually.